Founded in 1980, as a state scientific and technological organization under Soils and Fertilizers Research Institute, undergoing 40 years of establishment and development, the Center has had many achievements, research results and productions that have been applied in agricultural production of Vietnam and also is the organizations accredited to be eligible for fertilizer testing and producing and trading fertilizer, growing media and agro-chemical substances with the best reputation and quality.
1. To research the nutrition for crops.
2. To research the effectiveness and methods to improve the efficiency of fertilizers and agro-chemical substance on crops according to ecological regions, seasons, crop rotations and their effects on the quality of agricultural products and environment. Research new fertilizers, growth regulators and soil amendments.
3. Fertilizer field testing and trial production of new agro-chemical substance, fertilizers.
4. Transfer of technologies for production and use of fertilizers and agro-chemical substance.
5. Exploiting and providing information on fertilizer, agro-chemical substance, demand forecasting and using plan proposal.
6. Cooperation in training specialized staff of crop nutrition and fertilizer.
7. International cooperation of crop nutrition, fertilizer and agro-chemical substance.
8. Consultant on science, technology for plant nutrition and fertilizer and services for agricultural production.
9. Producing and trading in fertilizers and agro-chemical substance.
Research Center for Fertilizers and Plant Nutrition is a public-service scientific and technological Center under Soils and Fertilizers Research Institute that has the function of scientific and technological research in the field of fertilizer and plant nutrition.
1. From 1980-1992:
- Importing 6 species of Azollaceae with more than 100 varieties of continents, the Center has selected 7 promising species of Azollaceae depending on the purpose of use.
- Researching to use Azollaceae as fertilizer and using Azollaceae as fertilizer for rice to incessed crop yield and efficiency.
- Research on using dried Azollaceae powder as a food supplement rich in amino acids, vitamins and trace minerals for poultry and recognized by the Scientific Council of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development as a technical advance.
- Cooperate with Medical Academy to prepare and combine into Phylamin medicine.
- Cooperating with the Tea Research Institute, the Institute of Food Technology, the Military Medical Academy and the Institute of Geriatric research to product Bao Tho tea (Phylamin Tea) to make Bao Tho tea have been granted a gold medal at the Tea Fair Exhibition Vietnam 1999 and received by the Vietnam Tea Corporation for production.
2. From 1993-2005:
- Studying the process of processing municipal waste and poultry waste produted CP organic-mineral fertilizers. CP-mineral fertilizers have increased crop yield and quality of many crops such as rice, vegetables, oranges, tobacco, and tea on many soil types in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Hai Hung, Ha Bac provinces ...
- Research to reuse available organic sources to process into a vegetable-fruit growing media where there is no arable land or plants in pots.
- Research vegetable growing solution by hydroponic method, creating nutritional products sprayed through leaves rich in amino acids from by-products and appropriate mineral-micronutrients products.
- Successfully testing the use of Vectiver grass against landslides in Ho Chi Minh road.
- The Center has had a number of nationally recognized products and technical advances.
- Testing of foliar fertilizers, imported root fertilizer as well as domestic, contributing to guiding fertilizer management and use.
3. From 2006-2010:
- Studying and selecting a suitable plastic house for vegetable and flower production in Vietnam, studying growing media GT1-08, GT2-08 and nutrition solutions DD1-08, DD2- 08 is suitable for the production of tomatoes and cucumbers in the direction of high-tech plastic with a yield of 110.1 tons / ha for tomatoes and 112.1 tons / ha for cucumbers .
- Researching on microelement elements, have identified a scientific basis for the production of new types of secondary micronutrients.
- Research and use agricultural residues as an on-site organic source to increase productivity and quality of agricultural products while improving soil fertility.
- Completing the process of producing growing media for forestry seedlings and fruit crops ”with high results, thereby contributing to the transfer of these products into production in some localities.
- Gradually collecting specimens and information for the Center for information and Fertilizer materials. Up to now, more than 500 specimens have been collected and more than 400 sets of records for fertilizers have been created, enabling students to visit and study ...
- Testing new fertilizers to help the licensing authority to widely use them for production; Coordinate with the Department of Agriculture, later the Department of Crop Production, to guide the training of technicians in fertilizer sampling for Hanoi, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Thai Nguyen and Bac Ninh provinces.
4. From 2010 - up to now
- Complete the pilot production model, test of amino acid A2 and A4 foliar nutrition from sources of protein byproducts to improve crop yield and quality. Five (05) types of foliar fertilizers A2, A4, Amin, RQ, CQ have been added to the List of additional fertilizers permitted to be produced, traded and used in Vietnam.
- Technology of producing a number of fertilizers CP1, CP2, CP3, CP4. Four (04) types of organic - mineral fertilizers were listed in the ``List of fertilizer supplements allowed to be produced, traded and used in Vietnam.
- Technology of producing bio-organic fertilizer PB 05. Bio-organic fertilizer has been recorded in ``The list of fertilizer additions allowed to be produced, traded and used in Vietnam.
- Technology of producing NH1 mixed fertilizer (NPK 18-15-9-2S), NH2 mixed fertilizer (NPK 27-11-3-2S). Two (02) types of NPK certified compound certified (Decision No. 0551 / QDCN-IQC-HQ, May 12, 2015 of the General Director of IQC Certification and Inspection Joint Stock Company on certificate of product conformity).